21st Century Skill Gains
Growing demand for skilled workers prompted Charleston Promise Neighborhood to focus its After-School programming on 21st Century learning skills development.
Research Reveals 21st Century Learning Skills:
- Lead to more prepared and productive citizens.
- Promote physical and mental health in adulthood.
- Encourage better workforce participation.
- Are best taught in hands-on, group learning environments with opportunity to exercise skills.
- Taught in afterschool settings are displayed in the daytime classroom through improved behaviors and decision-making.
The chart above demonstrates skill gains by students on a four-point scale.
Summer 2018 Program Results at Mary Ford Elementary
- 113 children enrolled
- Summer slide reversed
- 93% of students maintained or gained literacy skills