Marketing and Development Associate
(June 11, 2018 – August 3, 2018)
AmeriCorps VISTA Overview:
The Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA) program places individuals in nonprofit organizations and public agencies to support efforts to fight poverty. Through the years, more than 180,000 individuals, known as VISTAs, have committed at least one year of full-time service to low-income communities in every state, the District of Columba, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. AmeriCorps offers summer opportunities to serve. This is an 8-week SUMMER Opportunity.
Charleston Promise Neighborhood is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that was created to ensure that every child and family in “the CPN Neighborhood” (also called “The Neck”) has the supports they need to thrive. Founded in 2010, the organization’s founding partners include the Charleston County School District (CCSD), the cities of Charleston and North Charleston, Charleston County, corporations, philanthropists, community residents, and community-based organizations, who united with one goal: Provide every child in the Neighborhood with a clear path to college. This goal will be realized—over the course of a generation—through three key Strands of Focus: Education, Healthcare, and Parent and Community Engagement. The CPN Neighborhood coincides with the attendance zones of four Charleston County School District (CCSD) elementary schools with high concentrations of children living in poverty: Chicora School of Communications, James Simons Elementary School, Mary Ford Elementary School, and Sanders-Clyde Creative Arts School. More information at www.charlestonpromise.org
Objectives: Charleston Promise Neighborhood is seeking one (1) Summer VISTA Associate to support the following:
- Support development of a story banking system to share success stories:
- Review past newsletters and reports and develop a single repository to collect the stories
- Review list of enrichment partners and interview individuals to develop stories around program impactSupport development of new Expanded Learning Time program attendance and enrollment strategies.
- Develop list of siblings in a family who attend the Expanded Learning Time program
- Develop process to track students with dwindling attendanceBoth activities will help with efforts to recruit and retain more families in the Expanded Learning Time program.
Apply for the AmeriCorps VISTA position online. https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=80463&fromSearch=true
You must apply online. If you have questions, please email email@example.com with “AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate” in the Subject Line. No phone calls please.